In the past few decades, the logistics sector has experienced revolutionary shifts in technologies, business models, policies and legislation, with outcomes of public funded R&I projects being a key facilitator.
To acknowledge the achievements and inspire the R&I community of the logistics sector, ALICE launched the Innovation Award. The 2022 edition is focused on successful implementation cases stemming from R& I projects in urban logistics.
Implementation Cases are concrete examples in which causal links between public R&I funding and technology, organizational or process innovation in a specific logistics area can be established.
The ALICE Logistics Innovation Award evaluates all collected Implementation Cases. The evaluation is done by the selection based on three criteria: operational, social and market impacts; influence on policy; scalability and growth potential.
The Award Selection Committee, consists of five experts:
- Paola Cossu, CEO of FIT Consulting (chair)
- Lola Ortiz Sánchez, Directora General de Planificación e Infraestructuras de Movilidad en Ayuntamiento de Madrid;
- Massimiliano De Masi, innovation manager at Poste Italiane
- Hans Schurmans, Director Logistics operations and transformation at Proximus
- Magnus Blinge, Research Manager at Scania/ Adj. Professor Linköping University
The award will be given in four categories:
- City/Local authority;
- Civil Society;
- Other type of government
The winners will be announced during a webinar scheduled for 28th April 2022.
For more information on the day’s programme and how to register, click here.